Tuesday, April 05, 2011

AunT of the year award applicant!

Being an auntie rocks! This weekend I spoiled my nephews with cupcakes from Bleeding Heart Bakery. It's a punk rock, organo-schmano bakery in Chicago. I hadn't heard of it before, but evidently the owners compete on those cake decorating shows!  I got a slew of cupcakes and headed to my sister's for a surprise (kind of) visit. Oh my goodness! The big guy was so excited he could hardly stand it. He certainly couldn't stand still! The little guy decided he liked me for the first time ever which was totally worth the drive up there. And, my sister and I enjoyed really good cupcakes! The boys just ate the frosting. I suppose that was fine, but they missed out on some yummy cupcake goodness. When it was time for bed, Big Guy got the couch all ready for me which was totally sweet of him. He also woke me up earlier than you might want to wake up on  Saturday morning, but it was cool. We chilled on the couch and watched some show about sharks. What could be better?!?!? Well...Little Guy still loved me! I figured it was a one night stand, but no...I think I finally won him over! Aren't they just adorable?

This may have been the only time he stood still all night!

Pretty sure he's thinking, "Oh mommy, AunT loves me! She brought me a cupcake!"


And now time for the weekly money checkup. Questions provided by MyPrettyPennies.




1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a birthday present for a certain someone.
2. Today I am thankful for warmer weather.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was spend Saturday night and Sunday morning with my sister and my nephews!
4. I will consider this week a success if I get everything for my conferences down AND get sleep.
5. The last dream I had I don't remember. I remember a dream from last week though. I was in a boat and there was a tornado that blew away everything in the boat except the people. Luckily my passport was in my pocket!


Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! I usually post it on Mondays, but it can be posted any time of the week. Thanks for participating! :)

No comments: