|A very cool tree nearl Nu'uanu Pali Lookout|
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Right now we're talking dish washers. I don't know much about dishwashers except that I hate washing dishes. This is a fantastic learning experience. At first I tight $1000 was outrageous, but given that I really, really hate doing dishes it's starting to sound pretty reasonable. Id gladly fork over a dollar a day to NOT do dishes. In less than 3 years, the dishwasher would practically pay for itself! Who knew I would learn so much about dishwashers today? Did you know Kenmore is made by Kitchen-Aid? And evidently, Kenmore/ Kitchen-Adenis the best brand right now.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
Wednesday, November 09, 2011
- I've worn a different pair of earrings every day since October 3.
- I had my first big interview.
- I haven't heard whether I will get the position or not, because our lovely Congress hasn't agreed on a national research budget yet. So annoying.
- I went to a great conference in Baltimore where I tried clam chowder and lobster pot pie for the first time.
- Our department head was inducted into the Institute of Medicine. Pretty big stuff!
- Baxter and I both got hair cuts.
- I managed to get an abstract in for the Experimental Biology conference.
- I had a nervous break down that lead to a great night with friends at our favorite pub.
- I knit a gorgeous sweater for mom in 3 weeks. Knitting speed directly correlated with stress level.
- My niece called me Auntie for the first time! She held out for just shy of 4 whole years.
- Today I will see my entire family for said niece's birthday. Four is pretty big, you know!
- Tomorrow I will spend a whoppin' 10 hours on an airplane. Hawaii or bust!