- I've worn a different pair of earrings every day since October 3.
- I had my first big interview.
- I haven't heard whether I will get the position or not, because our lovely Congress hasn't agreed on a national research budget yet. So annoying.
- I went to a great conference in Baltimore where I tried clam chowder and lobster pot pie for the first time.
- Our department head was inducted into the Institute of Medicine. Pretty big stuff!
- Baxter and I both got hair cuts.
- I managed to get an abstract in for the Experimental Biology conference.
- I had a nervous break down that lead to a great night with friends at our favorite pub.
- I knit a gorgeous sweater for mom in 3 weeks. Knitting speed directly correlated with stress level.
- My niece called me Auntie for the first time! She held out for just shy of 4 whole years.
- Today I will see my entire family for said niece's birthday. Four is pretty big, you know!
- Tomorrow I will spend a whoppin' 10 hours on an airplane. Hawaii or bust!
Wednesday, November 09, 2011
The blogging hiatus was a necessary evil. Things have been pretty cRazY. Just a few things to fill you in...