Sunday, May 01, 2011

April's budget got super messed up, but I win in the end!


It’s May 1st. That means it’s time to look over what I spent last month. Something went screwy and I blame all that business travel I had to do. When I put in all the numbers from mint.com into my excel spreadsheet, my spreadsheet says I’m $21 in the hole. I completely blame the 8 day biz trip. It shouldn’t have made a difference, but I have to blame something! Thing is, my bank accounts don’t agree. Bank accounts say I’ve got money to spare! Oh well. I guess it’s better to have error in this direction! I’ve got mint.com set up for a May budget that has quite a bit more detail. Hopefully that will prevent errors next month.

I’ve deemed everything left over a “curve-ball” account for when little freaks of spending happen or when I decide to splurge a little!

The end of April weekly money update looks something like this.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was $20 on a pair of awesome Cole Haan aviators.
2. Today I am thankful sunny weather!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was get ready for the garden with my friends. Ok, so that cost a little bit of money, but it's negligible at this point!
4. I will consider this week a success if I run 3 times, get all my grading done, revise a manuscript, and run an entire half-marathon.
5. My favorite TV show growing up was Inspector Gadget. That was the first show that came to mind, so I have to go with it!

Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! I usually post it on Mondays, but it can be posted any time of the week. Thanks for participating! :)

1 comment:

Charmed Episodes said...

What an amazing show it is completed its 6 seasons successfully i love to watch my favorite Charmed again and again so i always search for websites from where i can watch these episodes