Monday, March 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Revisited

I know Thanksgiving was several months ago, but in this fast paced, advertising crazed world of ours I think it's important to revisit thankfulness more than we do. I'll be the first to admit that I want an iPad, but do not need an iPad. I have plenty of other wants and sometimes my wants get the best of me. My friend and I were just talking yesterday about how we get inspired by bloggers who seem to have it all together and then realize that a) our lives are not the same as theirs and b) they don't have it all together!  I focus so much on saving for the future, budgeting for things i want, and resisting everyday impulses. In the midst of all that I often forget that I have a very full and happy life just as it is now.

In the last week, these are the things that I have been thankful for:
1. I'm starting to look at Australia travel guides! Mom and I will be heading that way together this summer. I have a conference there, she's always wanted to go there and boom! There you go...we're going!
2. I get along with my family ridiculously well. I mean really...I don't know too many people who can travel with their mother without bracing for frustration. My brother and sister and I get along really well too. We always have! I love their spouses too. Don't even get me started on my nieces and nephews! It just couldn't be much better!
3. A certain someone lives in the same country as me. Need I say more?
4. I have a 3 year old lap top that works really well. Occasionally the CD drive acts up, but all in all it's a great computer. I don't have to worry about buying a new one any time soon. (knock on wood)
5. My laundry pile is a constant reminder that I have a lot of clothes!

6. I have the most amazing friends ever.

No comments: