Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Soles4Souls

If you're looking for a way to help out the folks experiencing devastation in Japan and other Asian countries that aren't the focus of the news stories right now, here's a neat way to clean out your closet a bit and put it to good use. Soles4Souls is a cool organization that gives shoes to those who need them. One of my favorite things about the organization is the way they help domestically as well as internationally. They plan to set aside 100,000 pair of sturdy shoes for Tsunami victims. As you can imagine, safe, study shoes are need to navigate the debris left behind! Any new or gently used shoes are welcome though. From the FAQ section, I found out that Soles4Souls accepts all types of shoes: athletic, running, dress, sandals, pumps, heels, work boots, cleats, dance, flip flops. You can go the the location finder to see if there is a donation site near you. Cool, right? I'm sure between me and my mom, we have more than one or two pair we could part with.

1 comment:

annlaura said...

Awesome! I might have a pair or two myself...