Thursday, June 16, 2011

Exploring Melbourn

Yesterday (Thursday) was a day of exploring and celebrating. We visited the old Queen Victoria Markets which were quite the site. Several bunkers full of tourist crap followed several bunkers of the good stuff! There was a fruit and vegetable market and a HUGE meat market that included cheeses. Soooo cool! I loved seeing all the fresh fish. Obviously we didn't have much need for raw meats, but Mark and I finally found kangaroo salami! Now I can say I've eaten kangaroo. It tasted just like any other salami.



Just one corner of the fruit and veg market.



How adorable are these little aprons?!? They were in one of the 2 cute shops in the markets.


Decoration boomerangs were in no short supply. Only $5, but the don't work.


We surprised my adviser at dinner. Very clever of us. She had no idea that we knew it was her birthday!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It's a good thing that I filled you all in :) Who knew our wedding calendar held such secrets!