Tuesday, October 04, 2011

A few travel mishaps...

Some days my life seems nearly (but not quite) as hectic as Annie trying to go grocery shopping. In stead of kids; I have deadlines, random meetings, split social personalities, etc. Mom says I'm well on my way to being a nutty professor. I usually just fake a big smile and hope no one notices all my goofs! Here are just a few things I've done in the last year that could have been really bad.

Last winter I was running late to the airport (pretty typical). When I got back from wherever it was I was going, I realized the window in my car was gone! Immediately, I thought the worst..."Oh no! Someone broke into my car!" Then, I quickly realized there was no broken glass. I just didn't roll my window back up after getting my parking ticket. My seat was a little wet with snow, but no major hard done.

This spring, I had to be at the airport around 5am. I don't even remember where I was going. It was still dark out, so I had to turn the dome light on to make sure I got all my crap. When I got back, my battery was dead. Turns out, the Indianapolis airport offers a free jump start service. The guy said they have to jump about 10 cars a day. Considering the number of cars in those lots, that's not really too bad!

Most recently, I left my keys on the trolly. I had to wait 45 minutes, and learned that there are 3 trollies on route. Later that same night, I lost my car in a parking garage. For real. I've never lost my car in a parking lot or a parking garage. First time...and it had to be the day I left my keys on the trolly.

So back to the airport jump start. I didn't have any cash, but I did have an empty Starbucks gift car. I gave the guy the card and told him I'd add money to it right then and there. That is exactly what I did...added $10 to the card. On the iPhone app, the smallest amount you can add is $10. Kind of a big tip, but it was 11pm and I didn't really care. Since it was a registered card, I could track to see if he ever used it. It's been months...nearly 3 months...and he never used it. I pretty much gave up tracking the card. It crossed my mind that after 6 months, I could transfer the money to one of my other cards. That would be so wrong though. So very very wrong. Not sure why I decided to check last night, but I did. He used the card! Woohoo! I'm so glad someone is finally enjoying that card and I'm still grateful for that jump start.

There's a lot to catch up on. In the last week or so I basically fell off the blog band wagon. Trust me...a lot has happened since then! You should really read Annie's blog about grocery shopping. It's hilarious. If you're a mom, you can probably relate even better. Show Annie some blog love for me!

1 comment:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Thanks for the blog love! I have not read the blogs in a looong time; just catching up this morning. Have a good day!