Sunday, August 07, 2011

Half way successful

I'll consider this weekend half way successful. Remember the projects I was inspired to do this weekend? One out of two isn't bad, right? The super colorful and cute bracelet seemed like a bit much to tackle on my first go, so I went for simplicity.

Here's the link to the tutorial.

And the bracelet I made...




Here's the other side...



I'm excited. The beads and leather were already in my tangled mess of jewelry making stuff from days gone by. I had to buy beading thread. That stuff is expensive! $9.99 for 50 meters at Michaels. Luckily i remembered to print off a 40% off coupon, so it ended up being $5. I should be able to make 2 or 3 more bracelets with all the stuff i have now. I have a necklace pendant that actually matches the green of this bracelet, and I'm still thinking this bracelet will jazz up jeans and a grey t-shirt! Guess my jewelry will have to stay all spread out on my dresser a while longer.

Here's my weekly money check-up hosted by MyPrettyPennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on an awesome black purse. I am excited about the purse and excited that it was in the budget. The other 2 purses I bought weren't exactly in the budget, but I moved some numbers around to make it work! No more purses for a long time!
2. Today I am thankful for slightly cooler weather, for all the encouragement I'm getting for applying to post-docs, for the dog sitting gig, and for air conditioning!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was spending time with Baxter in the garden.
4. I will consider this week a success if I write a paper about nutrition and technology.
5. This time last year, I was about to turn 30. I was thinking a lot about why so many people freak out about turning 30, and wondering if eventually I would realize why and freak out myself. Then, I realized that life just keeps getting better year after year. Seriously no need to freak out! I was also nervous about a course in techniques for translational research that I ended up getting an A in. One of these days I'll realize that worrying doesn't solve problems!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute bracelet! That's such a creative way to de-stress!