Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Can they get done?

There are a few knitting projects looming over me. All are really close to being done, but just haven't gotten done for one reason or another. The main reason being that I always seem to start a new project! I really want to get a few of these done ASAP.

My little red summer sweater is pretty stinkin close. This is the sweater that needed major repair last spring and I never did it. i started it, but never really got finished. I have just about an inch on the front and back plus a lot of kitchener stitching. Might take a total of 5 hours if I sat down and did it in one go.
Here is is all ripped out and ready to go...

From The Stash


Project number 2 that seriously needs to get done are mom's socks. Probably another 5 hours of steady knitting on those. They are going to matching mismatched socks. One pooled (photo) the other is striping. I wish they had both stripped, but I'm not in the business of ripping out an entire sock just to see if maybe possibly it will stripe the second time I knit it.

From socks


On to project number 3. My Remember Sweater! It would be perfect to wear as a jacket in Alaska, but it's not done! Only one sleeve, the collar and the piecing. Maybe I should multi-task tonight. I could block the pieces are are done while I knit one of the other projects. Here's the cool smocking pattern on the top of the sweater.

From socks


Those are the three projects that are really looming over my head. Trust me there are others that I'd like to start, but I really want to get these done first. It can be done. Especially now that it's been made public, I will race to get them done and post progress as soon as possible!

No comments: